Monday, December 28, 2015

Dun. Dun. Dun. DUN.

Hello!
Well, I apologize right now for the shortness of this email. Christmas was fantastic! I was able to talk to my favorite people in America and I was able to spend time with some of my favorite people down here. We had a really fun time and rumor has it Facebook is plastered with our pictures. Sorry, the Woden Warriors just love taking pictures. Haha. It was a really fun time and I didn't miss home quite as much as I thought I would, which makes me happy. 
Transfer calls came and dun...dun...dun...dun... Sister Verances is leaving Woden and I'm training again. So that's going to be an adventure. Please pray for my companion. I drove up to Sydney this morning and I'm hanging around and going to meetings until she gets here. She flies in from the MTC tomorrow and I'll pick her up and take her back to Canberra tomorrow night. I'm not sure who she is, where she's from, if she speaks English, or if she likes white people (hahaha joking). So please pray for her that she will be able to love Woden as I love Woden. And that she will be patient with me. hahaha. 
Saying goodbye to Sister Verances was rough. You learn to love your companions so much and it's just really a rough experience when they leave you. But it's okay, because I can speak a little bit of her language so that obviously means I have to go visit her in the Philippines after she's done with her mission. ;) I've only had one American companion while I've been in Australia, so if I ever become a world traveler I have heaps of couches to crash on. :) 
We all gave talks in sacrament meeting on Sunday which was good. We taught the Plan of Salvation together and it was a really neat experience to show the unity the five of us have to the ward. Elder Fine is getting transferred as well so all five of us missionaries were just crying our whole talks because we knew this was the end of the original Woden Warriors. But Elder Laga'aia, Elder Cowan, and I are still sticking around and my new companion is going to be wonderful! So our tears won't last long. It's going to be a beautiful next few months. :) 

Enjoy the last few days of 2015. I'm excited to hear all about your New Year's Resolutions. Stay safe and stay happy. :)

Love,
Sister Danielle Laree Stott



Picture: HOORAH FOR ISRAEL! - the Woden Warriors and the Tugg Thugs (The ones without the shirts and the missionaries for the ward next to ours)

No comments:

Post a Comment