Monday, June 6, 2016

Nine :P

Hello!
Oh what a beautiful Bathurst week! I think I love this town a bit too much. Nah, too much love isn't possible. This week we went and tried to see everyone I've ever taught here so Sister Nansen could get to know them. It was a lot of fun and we were able to really see a lot of people and share a lot of messages at the right time. It's always a beautiful moment when you rock up to someone's house and they say, "Oh Sisters, I was just thinking of you." Or when after the message they say, "I actually really needed that." It's so good to see that the Lord is with us in this work! This is his work after all. 
I think the highlight service/lesson of the week was we went and helped a less active member and his fiance move into their new house. It was heaps of fun! I realized that all of those times I helped my dad and brothers move people really paid off. I've been taught well! I am so grateful to be able to do service and to build relationships that way. It took all morning but it was a really fun time and they definitely like us a lot more when we're helping than when we're just trying to preach. ;)
This morning was really cool! I finished the Book of Mormon the 6th time today! 3rd time on my mission. :) Oh how I love  the Book of Mormon! I don't know how anyone could doubt that book. The promise at the beginning is so true. Joseph Smith said,  “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” What a true promise! I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father and his Son, the Savior of the world, by studying the Book of Mormon and trying to live by it's precepts the best I can. Why would people not do the same? It will only bring us joy and happiness. So that's my invitation, if any of you who may come across this email have not read, pondered, and prayed about the Book of Mormon recently, please do so by 12 August. :) 
All my love,
Sister Danielle Laree Stott



Picture: Number 6! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment