Monday, April 11, 2016

I love General Conference!

Well, hello there once again! 
This week wasn't as exciting, no miracle double baptisms fell out of the sky or anything, but it was still a pretty rad week because of the weekend. General Conference is the best. :) But leading up to that....
Monday was alright. I dragged the poor Tuggeranong Sisters and Sister Swan to the Parliament House. It was pretty cool being able to sit in the House of Representatives and the Senate. Unfortunately nothing was in session that day. Which is actually good since I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyways. After P-day we went and tried stopping in on a few families but no one had the time. We did end up meeting a funny older couple. The wife is from China and loves dancing, so when Sister Swan mentioned I used to dance she started trying to dance with me! Haha. It was pretty funny. 
Tuesday was a good day. We met a less active part member family in the morning. They weren't too keen on letting us share a message but they thought we were funny and cute so they let us share a little one then invited us back for dinner and a lesson this next week! Then we went to see some investigators with Sister Barron but these investigators were offended by a different member last week so instead of having a lesson we just did damage control. That's never fun. We ended the night by seeing our beloved Nana Julie. If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times, EVERYONE needs a Nana in their lives. 
Wednesday was Restoration Day! :) 186 years ago on 6 April, the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored when the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established. Check out: Mormon.org or Lds.org for the full story. ;) The rest of the day was pretty neat. We went and saw Amanda and Peta. They are doing great and are so happy! Then we went and saw a referral that a member gave to us.... Oh I & J.... What a funny couple. That's all I can really say about them.
Thursday was great! We went and did some service for a less active family which was heaps of fun. We also had the quarterly relief society activity and that was fantastic! There were a few nonmembers that came and it was really cool to be able to get to know them and the sisters of the ward in a fun environment. 
Friday we had our district meeting as usual. We visited a potential that we met and started teaching him and his partner the discussions! That was pretty cool. They seem pretty special so it will be neat to see them progress. Then we went over to Nana Julie's and did a little service. :) We're totally capable handy-men if you ever need a desk put together... 
Saturday and Sunday was GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! Oh it was so good! So many powerful and inspirational messages! My hands hurt from taking so many notes! We even downloaded the Priesthood session and watched it during lunch. Aah, I just can't get over how good it was. I think the message that stuck out most to me was make the temple a priority! Living somewhere that is so far from a temple and only being able to go once in the last year has really put into perspective for me how much I love the temple and how much I need it in my life! It's been pretty humbling to see how dedicated some members are down here by making the 4 hours each way drive to go to the temple regularly when often we have a temple 15 minutes down the road and don't make the time. I'm not trunky, but I am pretty excited in 4 months to be living within walking distance of my beautiful Logan temple once again. 
Have a beautiful week! I may be emailing you from my beloved New South Wales next week, I guess we'll see how the transfer dice roll.  

Love,
Sister Danielle Laree Stott



Picture: House of Representatives, only picture of the week but kind of neat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment