Sunday, May 1, 2016

Already P-day?

Hello again!
This week just flew right by! Wednesday after we emailed everybody we went and saw T. She's doing well. Slowly but surely her heart is changing and she's starting to accept the Gospel. It's pretty cool to watch it happen.
Thursday was great! We had our Zone Training Meeting and it was a bit different this time since I had to give one of the training's.... Strange! We also had interviews so President and Sister Back were there. After that we went and saw one of the young families in the branch, which was super fun. We also saw a family we're working with, the daughters are keen but the dad is anti. It makes for an interesting lesson. We also saw Jodie! She has a baptismal date and she is just so sweet. I love the people here.
Friday was great! We were able to visit a few less active sisters and get to know them which is always nice. We also visited a single elderly sister I just adore. We taught a lesson to one of our investigators who seems SO keen! It's awesome! She is ready to learn! And we finished the night practicing English with two 9 year olds from Korea that live with a member. It was a lot of fun.
Saturday was great. We had breakfast with the Branch President and his family and it was so fun. We have a rule to only stay at a member's home for 1 hour and at 55 minutes he kicked us out (in a loving way). I love when members follow the rules!! The rest of the day we really focused on less active members and it was quite the fun day.
Sunday was great! I love Fast Sunday in a branch because you always get to bear your testimony! Also, we have a new Branch Mission Leader. He's pretty young, remembers what it's like to be out serving, and is keen to work! It makes me so happy! Member involvement is what makes this work worth it. We had a good afternoon and evening just trying to follow up on some potentials and less active members. Most people have moved but that's okay! We think we might have taught a lesson to T's boyfriend so we'll see if that's the case... If so, AWESOME! They can get married and we'll baptize them together. ;) In my dreams but miracles happen!
Today has already been so good! My Mission President is so nice and knows how important family is, so he let me Skype home a week early so I could talk to everyone! :) It was so fun catching up, even if I'm incredibly awkward, and I can't believe that was my third time Skyping on my mission. Time flies... Everyone is doing great, which makes me one happy Sister. :)
Life is good. I'm just happy as a clam, and they're pretty dang happy.
Love,
Sister Danielle Laree Stott

Pic: Last awkward Skype family picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment