Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Received from Sister Stott 3-4-15
Dear friends and family,

Hello! Greetings from the MTC. It has been such a crazy week! I feel like the days are never ending but the week just flew by. There is so much to write and I hope I have enough time or enough memory in my head to tell you all about it!

First things first, my fellow missionaries: My companion's name is Sister Drew. She is from Alberta, Canada and is headed to the Australia Perth Mission. She's super sweet and our teaching abilities are extremely different, but once we got over the initial shock of that it ended up working out really well in our lessons. Our district is made of up eight people. Sister Moon is from Rigby, ID and her companion is Sister Nelson from Fresno, CA. They're both headed to the Australia Sydney South Mission with me. Then we have Elder Wilson from Texas and his companion is Elder Frodsham from Portland, OR. Elder Wilson is headed to Birmingham, England and Elder Frodsham is headed to Detroit. And the last companionship is Elder Jeffcoat from Texas and Elder Tuapola from...SYDNEY AUSTRALIA. They're both headed to Detroit. Elder Tuapola is trying to get me to have an accent, it's not working yet. :(

Next item of business: INVESTIGATORS! And you're probably thinking, how do you have investigators after one week? Well we do, and we've taught eight lessons. Super nuts. The first investigator is Don. He is an engineer and has a wife that is a member and a 3 year old daughter. He has been meeting with the missionaries for 10 years but as he puts it is, "afraid of God." So in our lessons with him we focus a lot on the fact that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and that the atonement is for everyone, not just for the people that were alive the day that Christ died (he doesn't understand how that works.). The next investigator is Fabiola. She has two kids and she is currently going through cancer. She was baptized Catholic but feels like there is something more out there. So when we've taught her we've taught her a bit about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. She is reading it and praying about it and I guess we'll see what happens when we meet with her again tomorrow! Our last investigator is Olivia. She is going to college at BYU. She decided she believes in God and wants to learn more about Him, but is a little hesitant since her parents are athiest. But she's super sweet and we've just been teaching about the Priesthood and the Book of Mormon.

Classes are going super great and the food is AWESOME. Apparently waking up at 6:30 am and working all day makes me hungry, because Elder Wilson told me that I'm a "hearty daughter of God." Weird little Texan....

My birthday was awesome, thank you everyone that thought of me. :) We had a mustache/cupcake party in our district, and it was super fun! 

We had a devotional with Elder Evans of the 70 and it was super awesome! He talked about how exact obedience blesses us inside the mission field and outside of it! I couldn't agree more. 

To explain my title: We were teaching a lesson as a district and Sister Moon says, "Hi, I'm Chelsea. Oh wait! I don't have a real name anymore! I'm Sister Moon!" It was super funny.

I don't know what else to write about.


Oh! Next week! That's big news. I'm not flying out to Australia on Monday. I've been reassigned to the Manchester New Hampshire mission. No one headed to Australia got their VISA so we've all been reassigned. So starting Monday my new address is:

Sister Danielle Laree Stott
2 Bedford Farms Ste 208
Bedford, NH 03110-6525

Hopefully in a month or two that'll change to my Australian address. :) 

I love you all so much and I miss you tons! It's so crazy being away from everyone, but I know that this is where I need to be and what I need to be doing. :) I'll talk to you all next week. 


Sister Danielle Laree Stott

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! An adventure within an adventure! I love it! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete