Monday, June 22, 2015

Fried Chocolate Sandwiches... Australia, Australia, Australia! Oi, oi, oi!

Well, let me just tell you. Monday I gained a testimony about the Lord protecting his servants! I've been debating whether or not to just keep this in my journal for the sanity of my mother, but nah. It is just too good to keep a hidden away for 13 more months. So after we emailed we went to teach a lesson to a potential investigator we found last week. So we went to his home but he's a single man, so we invited his neighbor to join us! Which seemed like a good idea at the time, right? Two lessons in one.... It was not a good idea. As soon as she walked in I could just feel that we needed to get out. And then Sister Moon started kicking me, and then I looked over and saw why! The neighbor girl had pulled out a needle and was about to shoot up! Aaaaaagh! Not safe! So we made a follow up appointment with the man we were there to teach, because he really wanted to learn, and we ran like mad! So we'll be meeting with him in the library from now on....
Tuesday we had an amazing and productive day planned! But Sister Moon and I both woke up super sick. So we actually never made it out of our flat that day. But it gave us heaps of time to rest up and chat. It was fun and was a nice little de-stresser. I felt like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. I just laid in bed in my Avenger pajamas, downing cough drops and medicine, and tried to convince Sister Moon to sing "Soft Kitty" to me. 
Wednesday we were still sick but we decided we couldn't stay cooped up two days in a row! So we went to Katrina's for a day of service. We sanded all of the trim and the doors down one of her hallways and repainted it all. It was really fun! Then we went and taught a lesson to these three brothers. We're not sure if they're less active or nonmembers though. They've mentioned being baptized a few times but no one can find their records... 
Thursday we were just as sick as we were on Tuesday. I actually slept on the floor between our room and my desk because that's all the energy I had to travel with. hahaha. But it's all good. We got our weekly planning done and mustered our strength to go see a member family for dinner. Have you heard of Fried Chocolate Sandwiches? It's an Australian thing apparently, and it is heaven. Mama Perusco decided that that is how I'm going to get my husband when I get home, because they're that good. So I'll have to let her know how it goes in 10 years or so. 
Friday was great! We had District Training Meeting and it was also mail day! I got a package full of peanut butter, chocolate, and America from the sweetest parents around. There is nothing like American candy and Red Lobster biscuits to bring a tear to your eye. After our meeting, we had a lesson with Thomas. Oh my lanta, he is such a good man! I just want his family to let him be baptized! He always has great questions about the scriptures and he is always trying to learn. He's so great. After our lesson with him, we tried to see a lot of less active members and some potential investigators, but no one was too keen on a lesson.
Saturday was slightly amazing. That morning we went and taught a lesson to Grace. She is from Kenya and had met the Sisters before us. She is really awesome and is really excited to read the Book of Mormon! Then we went and taught Amy and Paige. They are both so sweet and are looking forward to their baptism on July 5th. So please keep them in your prayers! The last few weeks before someone's baptism are really hard. Then we went and picked up Crystal, a super amazing member here. She went with us to teach a lesson to a man we met Friday night. He wasn't too interested in the Gospel, but it was a really fun time. Then we went and got hot chocolate and had a lesson with Crystal. She is getting married and moving to Logan, UT. So we talked about the temple and Logan, two of my favorite things! :D Then we met this super cute couple in our ward. They have been married for almost 70 years! Kind of crazy.
Sunday was wonderful! Thomas came to church with us, so I'm pretty much happy as a clam. After church we were supposed to have a lesson with a new investigator, but he decided not to show up. So we went and saw an investigator we met a few weeks ago named Ana. She was nice and let us share a short message with her again. Then we tried seeing potentials and going tracting, but no one was too interested. But we really wanted to invite 70 people to learn this week, and being sick kind of made our numbers really low. So we hopped on the train and rode it for an hour, and just passed out pass along cards to everyone in the train cars. It was really fun. :) 
The work is going great here. We're trying to find people to teach and trying to figure out the other side of the world. It's an adventure, and I'm loving every minute of it.
Sending my love,
Sister Danielle Laree Stott

Picture: Some missionaries use a soap box in the town square, I use the steps in a train car. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment